Just like you, we love our cats, but, eventually, like every pet, they also make a mess. Even you may own the most disciplined cat or you may have the best cat litter box, cat litter will somehow scatter outside the litter box. That’s why we need the best vacuum for cat litter.
Does it sound like you?
Let me take a wild guess your cats kick mountains of litter out of their box, so I’ve been looking for a good vacuum that can handle litter.
We’ve all been there.
It’s a familiar story, and it usually goes like you tried vacuuming and figure out most vacuums can’t handle these huge amounts of litter at once.
You’re just leaving money on the table!
So what’s the solution?
To be honest, you need a powerful cleaner with powerful suction that sucks away every single granule scattered.
Trust me; the right vacuum will take your struggle away. So what’s the best vacuum for pet litter?
Let me help you decide the right vacuum for your home, which will take the hassle of sweep the floor.
Can You Vacuum Cat Litter?
Well, yes, you can vacuum a cat litter.
It is a good way to get rid of the odor and preventing the cat from tracking the cat litter. But you have to make sure it can handle the damp or wetness or made for handling such kind of dirt. Because you can not just pick any other vacuum or get any random one and expect it to work properly for cleaning and vacuum your cat litter.
The only problem?
You need to get a vacuum that can handle the wet and damp mess well. Otherwise, you might be just putting your money into something that just looks fancy but does not do a thing you have intended it to do.
Here’s the most important part:
But if it is a good vacuum that matches all the criteria of being a best vacuum cleaner for cat litter , you can do it without any hesitation.
Why Must You Use Special One for Vacuum Cat Litter?
Cat litter itself is the primary reason to get a special vacuum. As they are made with mostly hard clays, and not many vacuum can handle the clay granules in the litter. They are quite tough, and both the brush roller and the cleaner brush before you even know!
- You will let the molds have an excellent chance to grow in every corner over in your house if you vacuum it without a specialized vacuum.
- A regular vacuum will spread the odor of pets urine and poop all over the house.
- Cleaning with the cat litter regular vacuums will clog the filter and brush roller quite fast and make it vulnerable to damage.
As a pet lover you may interest in having a vacuum for long hair and pet hair. Because pet always sheds some hair on carpeted floors or stairs which requires a special type of vacuum.
Different Types of Vacuum Cleaner for Cat Litter
Handheld vacuums are much more convenient to use, and they are quite compact in design as well. You can do clean-ups of your cat litter without any effort. It delivers a super performance at picking up dust and pet hairs from all over your house as well.
Most of the handheld vacuums are quite budget-friendly but do not just pick one for the sake of affordability.
Robot vacuums, even though they are quite recent innovation but they have been adopted to the regular household quite soon. They are strong, durable, and quite good at cleaning most kinds of dirt.
But do it has what it takes to clean cat litter?
Unfortunately, most robot vacuum tends not to be good at picking cat litter. So do check out properly whether it is made specifically to pick cat litter. Otherwise, you are probably going to regret such a costly investment, later.
Upright vacuums are into quite the rage right now due to various reasons. Mostly their advanced features and having so much utility in simply just one vacuum.
You can go on cleaning everything from the cat litter to any dirt and dust, even pet hairs as well. But there are lots of cheap and terrible models out there, so you need to be careful when choosing one.
Stick vacuum is a smarter choice if you are looking for a vacuum solely for your cat litter. They are quite affordable and come with lots of features. It is suitable for being one of the best choices for cat litter.
But there’s one small catch:
But the only downside is that you can not clean a whole lot of dirt or cover a big area, with most stick vacuums anyway.
A canister vacuum can be a good vacuum for cat litter and for some other cleaning chores in your house as well. Canister vacuum does a pretty good job of cleaning some areas where you can not clean so much easier, like the tight corners of your home. The only problem you are going to have is most of the canister vacuums aren’t that much portable or easy to store. So do pick one that is a bit lightweight and also can be stored with ease.
Our Handpicked List of Best Vacuum for Cat Owners
Here are our reviews of 5 of the best vacuum cleaners for pet hair that you can grab your hands on.
1. Bissell 9595a Cleanview Bagless Vacuum With Onepass- Best Vacuum For Cat Litter And Pet Hair
Spend less time emptying the dirt and give it to your family!
Yes, you read that right. With the onepass technology, this Bissell 9595a cleanview bagless vacuum comes with the unique brush roll, which allows you to clean on the first pass.
Good for you.
So if you are a lazy couch person like me who don’t like to spend more time on household chores, this stuff is the right fit for you.
Let’s jump right in the Bissell 9595a cleanview bagless vacuum with onepass review.
Bissell 9595a Cleanview Bagless Vacuum With Onepass
Features & Styles
- Color: Purple
- Dust cup capacity: 1.0 L
- Type: Bagless
- Cord length: 30(ft.)
- Amps: 12
- Cleaning Path Width: 13.5″
- Dimensions: 15.75Lx11.81W x37.4H
- Weight: 15.1 lbs
With a lightweight design, CleanView cleaner is not only easy to push but performing its level best without sacrificing power.
How can you beat that?
The extension wand allows you to capture dirt and debris. However, this wand is a versatile tool. Beside used on its own, it can be attached to different tools like the Dusting Brush, Crevice Tool, or TurboBrush.
You can clean ceilings, fans, and even baseboards without pressuring your back. For extended reach, you need to attach the Bissell CleanView 25-foot power cord.
3 Features you’ll Love About Bissell 9595a cleanview
- Multi-Cyclonic System: being equipped with Multi-Cyclonic System, it ensures powerful suction. In the meantime, it separates dirt and debris so that you can use it longer!
- Washable Filter: Such an excellent feature! The rinsable filters allow keeping your filter clean effortlessly.
- Crevice Tool: Easily clean those nooks and crannies dirt and debris with the help of this awesome Crevice Tool.
How Handy This Vaccum To Deal With Cat Shedding?The spinning brush is way more powerful for vacuuming cat litter or tiny particles. The brush can spin so fast that sucking up shedding is not a big deal for it.
- Lightweight vacuum
- Multi-Level Filtration
- Easy Empty Dirt Tank
- Cheap power button
2. Bissellproheat 2x Revolution Max Clean Pet Pro-Full-Size Carpet Cleaner, 1986- Best Vacuum for Cat Litter On Carpet
Yet another variation from Bissel, the ProHeat 2X Revolution is one of it’s kind.
No doubt about it!
With the BISSELL 2X, you literally have everything you need to tackle the tough cat messes.
Bissellproheat 2x Revolution Max Clean Pet Pro-Full-Size Carpet Cleaner, 1986
Features & Styles
- Dust cup capacity: 1 gallon
- Cord length: 25(ft.)
- Cleaning Path Width: 11″
- Power Rating:6.8 Amps
- Surface Type: Carpet, Rugs, Upholstery
- Dimensions: 15 x 12.5 x 43.5 inches
- Weight: 20 lbs
Thanks to the advanced Pet Pro Cleanup System! This system handles nerd pet messes easily. Plus, it comes with exclusive Clean-Shot Pretreated to pull out the toughest spots and stains.
The coolest part of the vacuum, it’s actually a compact package including:
- BISSELL Pet Urine Eliminator Formula
- Pet Antibacterial Formula
Wondering why this formula is? To attack the gritty stains, apply that cleaning solution right where you need it and see the magic. Lightweight design makes it easy to maneuver around furniture.
Sound’s impressive, right?
The Max Clean mode, merged with 12 rows of Dual Dirt Lifter Brushes, rotates constantly and delivers top-notch cleaning to abolish deep down embedded dirt and even odors.
Let me say this straight:
I have a soft corner about Bissell. It hit me like a ton of bricks when I read their promo” Buy BISSELL, save pets”
And it’s not a fake promise; BISSELL donates decent amount (up to 10 dollars) to their own pet foundation for every single pet item we purchase.
3 Features you’ll Love About bissellproheat 2x revolution max clean pet pro full-size carpet cleaner
- 2-in-1 Upholstery Tool: Unique 2-in-1 Pet Tool performs in both dry and wet mode to suck cat hair, stains up, and odors. The Best part, all of these are with one tool.
- Scotchgard Carpet Protection: Scotchgard gives you long-lasting stain protection.
- EZ Brush Roll Cover: Brush roll cover is removable and gives you easy access to maintain deep cleaner.
How handy this vacuum to tackle cat shedding?No matter how much cat shedding is there, Bissel’s fastest dry time, Clean Mode ensures dry spotless carpets within 30 minutes. Apart from these, max clean mode not only removes dirts but also takes care of the allergens.
- Dries in about half an hour
- Comes with Antibacterial Cleaning
- Dual DirtLifter Brushes
- Set it with hose takes hell amount of time
3. Dyson Upright Vacuum Cleaner- Best Handheld Vacuum for Cat Litter
Engineer with homes with pets!
Think I’m exaggerating?
With some cool features and tools, Dyson dc65 animal upright vacuum cleaner is way more powerful to dig out allergens and dirt everywhere your furry gets.
On the other hand, if you have several pets and are wrapped with carpet, it is best to pick an upright vacuum.
Why is this so?
An upright vacuum is known for all the heavy cleaning, while others can do only half of it.
Dyson Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Features & Styles
- Color: Iron/purple
- Dust cup capacity: .55 gallon
- Type: upright
- Filteration: HEPA
- Power: 245 Air Watts
- Dimensions: 15.3 x 13.4 x 42.1 inches
- Weight: 17.35 pounds
While the Dyson Ball vacuum really crushes it for pets, it got the strongest suction power. Featuring Self-adjusting head, it seals in suction across hard floors and carpets.
Powerful cleaning, without switch manually! Thus, when on carpets or rugs, the unique head pushes deep into rugs fibers to such animal hair up and ground-in dirt. Dyson gives a five-year warranty that covers parts and labor, and the best part it’s free.
What about filtration?
Alike other Dyson cleaners, this one also has HEPA filtration, which ensures bacteria, as well as allergens, are trapped deeply.
3 Features you’ll Love About Dyson dc65 animal upright vacuum cleaner
- Ball technology: Navigate furniture with an easy turn of the wrist. In a word, it offers precise maneuvering around the home. The combination of a low center of gravity and compressed airways, it increases stability. So that when the ball’s axis tilts, it ensures accurate steering.
- Radial Root Cyclone technology: The radial formation passes airflow through the cyclone assembly. And this system maximizes suction to trap more microscopic dust.
- Tangle-Free Turbine: the exclusive brush heads are not only Counter-rotating but also remove hair without any brush bar to wrap around.
How handy this vacuum to tackle cat shedding?The Dyson Ball 2 has the impressive suction of any vacuum. It can handle tough tasks smoothly, making it ideal for pet-owners.
- One-click dirt emptying
- Stair Tool
- Great for all floor types
- The handle is not so convenient
4. Miele C3 Cat and Dog- Best Vacuum for Cat Hair & Litter
The Miele c3 cat and dog is overkill for most people—honestly speaking, I won’t spend over $1k on a vacuum cleaner anytime soon. But if you plan on a long term investment for tackling pet hair, this model is a great choice.
This Active AirClean Filter combines an active charcoal cassette with AirClean technology that absorbs odors. This feature makes it perfect for pet owners.
Miele C3 Cat And Dog
Features & Styles
- FilterBag volume – 4.5 litres
- Type: canister
- Power: 1200 Watts
- Power Control: +/- Foot Switch
- Dimensions: 19.5 x 11.2 x 8.9 inches
- Weight: 19.4 pounds
New Miele Complete C3 Cat & Dog Canister Vacuum Cleaner features an electrobrush with an independent motor. The best part, this brush has a five-level height adjustment. That means you can adjust it as your size.
But wait – there’s more
The Cat and Dog vacuum is equipped with the Parquet Twister, which allows 180° rotation for the agile. And don’t worry about fabric, it fives gentle care of surfaces. Overall, it’s a perfect choice for larger rooms with deep pile carpeting.
Still not convinced?
Enjoy a total cleaning radius of 36 feet, because it includes stainless steel wand, A telescopic and long electrical cord.
3 Features you’ll Love About miele complete c3 cat and dog
- 6 Speed Settings: This amazing machine features a 6-speed setting Controlled via +/- Footswitch. It ensures the appropriate level of power for cleaned effortlessly.
- A versatile tool: It’s actually a compact package of three standard accessories —upholstery tool, crevice nozzle, and a dusting brush.
- SEB 228 Electrobrush: The Electro Plus brush makes it perfect for medium to high-pile carpeting. At the same time, it is highly effective for smooth surfaces.
How handy this vacuum to tackle cat shedding?It features a Mini Turbo Brush, which easily removes cat danger from furnishings.
- Six-stage suction
- Deluxe super-Comfy Grip handle
- Precise adjustment
- Far more expensive
5. Shark Rocket Deluxe Pro- Best Stick Vacuum for Cat Litter
Exceptionally nimble and tremendously innovative, Shark surprisingly adapts to the cleaning task effortlessly– ensuring entire floor-to-ceiling care.
What makes this so special?
At under 10 lbs., this super-lightweight cleaner can converts into a hand vacuum within no time for toughest hard-to-reach corner cleaning.
Let’s get started the shark rocket deluxe pro review to know much more about this cool cleaner.
Shark Rocket Deluxe Pro
Features & Styles
- Dust cup capacity: 0.69 gallon
- Cord length: 30(ft.)
- Amps: 4.2
- Battery: Lithium-ion batteries
- Dimensions: 15 x 12.5 x 43.5 inches
- Weight: 9.1 lbs
There are tons of impressive aspects of this vacuum, such as the maneuvering. This machine comes with 2X the dust cup capacity than the previous Rocket model. 0.69-gallon dust cup capacity is obviously pretty magnificent; what do you say?
And that’s not all…..
Featuring swivel steering, this cleaner gives you excellent control while vacuuming. Not only carpet, but this Powerful 2 in 1 machine deep also cleans your hardwood floors.
3 Features you’ll Love About shark rocket deluxe pro upright vacuum
- Ultra-light: Less than 10 lbs, this stick vacuum is super convenient to move from floor-to-ceiling.
- Versatile: You can easily convert this stick cleaner into handheld and use it wherever you need it.
- Included Attachments: It comes with all the included attachments like motorized floor nozzle, crevice tool, pet multi-tool, handheld vacuum, and wand.
How handy this Vaccum to tackle cat shedding?The Pet Multi-Tool works excellent on capturing embedded cat hair on all floor types. Meanwhile, the Duster Crevice Tool to suck up stubborn litter which easily gets stuck on the carpet.
- Perfect for a quick clean up
- Can clean a multitude of surfaces
- Powerful suction
- 25% less power than previous shark model
How Does Cat Litter Harm of Some Vacuum?
Cat litter, in small doses, aren’t that harmful for your regular vacuums. They can handle a moderate amount of litter.
But the problem arises when they have to deal with a whole lot more than small litter parts. If you put your regular vacuum to use for cleaning the pet’s litter, you are most likely to damage the vacuum roller brush. Also, its suction power will be reduced quite fast as well.
Most of the vacuum cleaner wouldn’t be able to clean a whole load of cat’s trash and the clay granules and clays at the same time. It will put an immense amount of pressure on both the filter and the roller brush as well.
So unless your vacuum is specifically made for cleaning cat litter, which it most likely is not, you should refrain yourself from the temptation of using it for vacuuming cat litter.
How much should you spend on buying a vacuum for cat litter?
As you have to get a specialized vacuum for your cat litter, you should be prepared for spending a little bit more than usual. For regular vacuum cleaners, you can get a decent amount of features and enough suction for cleaning with as low as $50.
But it is certainly not the case with cat litter vacuums.
They need a bit different and more powerful vacuum cleaners, which is strong enough to clean cat litter and not damage its brush roller or the motor. So as for the price concerned, you should expect to spend somewhere around $150 to $500.
Ways to Prevent Litter Tracking And Scattering Everywhere?
- Put a litter mat. It will save you lots of time and energy other than making sure the cat litter isn’t spread all over the house.
- Place it somewhere in a corner where the litter can not spread or scatter around.
- Get yourself a little bigger litter box as it will minimize the amount of litter your cat is spreading.
- It might not be possible for everyone. But If there are any empty rooms in the house, do place the cat litter in that room. It would be better if you want to prevent the litter from spreading.
Guide to Choosing the Perfect Vacuum for Cat Litter Cleaning
It does matter what kind or brand of vacuum you choose. But first, you have to make sure the particular model you choose is a durable one. Most importantly, are they made for cleaning cat litter? Because even though many vacuums are marketed labeled as “pet-friendly,” they are not usually able to pick damp or wet dirt like cat litter sometimes.
Also, how do you make sure it is a durable one? Well, other than checking out the features, you can see what other people are saying about it. If many people complaining about it, it is probably a sign that you should not choose that particular product
Among all the features, suction power is what determines whether you will have a good vacuuming power or not. Without having a suction power in your vacuum cleaner, you may as well not buy it because you can not just spend half of your day cleaning the cat litter. If you do not pick a vacuum with decent suction power, you can expect even worse.
Having the right kind of filter is quite crucial. The vacuum cleaners’ work does not just stop after it sucks out the dirt or the litter. Filtration is the critical feature that makes the difference in whether your family will suffer from dust-related health hazards or not. So do pick a vacuum that has a filter that is easily washable and even replaceable as well.
Bagged or Bagless
Bagged vacuums are generally great if you have a lot to clean other than the cat litter. They can be great if you have people in the house who has been suffering from allergies. Because most of the bagged vacuum comes with HEPA filters, but that depends on the brand too.
Bagless vacuums may not have not too much trash holding capability. But they can be a smarter choice considering you won’t have to change or buy the bag quite often. But it boils down to your preference.
Corded or Cordless
If you are getting a vacuum cleaner solely for cat litter, you can go with a cordless battery operated vacuum cleaner. The primary benefit of them is that you can be flexible and can clean around lots of different places.
But the only problem is that as soon as the charge finishes you need to charge it for quite a while. So it is essential for you to choose something that has an extended battery life and less charging time.
Corded vacuums are better if you are planning a whole lot more just than your cat litter. But the downside is you always need to be close around a charging point.
You have to consider the floor type you will put your vacuum cat litter in use. Not all vacuums are made for using into just any kind of flooring system. Maybe you are thinking of using the vacuum into a rug or carpet, but in reality, it might not be best suited for that particular type of surface.
Your cat is most likely to leave out lots of litter outside of its litter box. So decide what the floor type you want your vacuum for cat litter to use for and exactly which surface you are placing the litter box as well. If your floor type is laminate you must choose a vacuum for vinyl floors with cat litter.
How to Take Care of the Best Vacuum Cleaner For Kitty Litter?
- Cat litter is quite devastating for most of the vacuums. So even if you get Best Vacuum for cat owners, do check out the hose and filters regularly for clogging. Also, make sure to wash the filter as well.
- Check out your roller brush and see whether if there is any litter or poops clogged into it. If there is any, detach the roller and clean it out before it gets hard and cements itself inside.
- Check the hose regularly to prevent clogging and also clean it to avoid the spreading odor all over the house.
Answer: Considering all the aspects, Bissellproheat 2x revolution max clean pet pro-full-size carpet cleaner is a good option for vacuuming hardwood floors.
Answer: First of all, let it dry. Then choose a good vacuum specially designed for cat litter, it will do the rest.
Answer: there is plenty of good option if you want a portable one. But our personal favorite is Dyson Upright Vacuum Cleaner.
Answer: well, to be honest, Dyson offers higher performance along with suction than Dyson. On the other hand, Shark vacuums are less pricey than Dyson in most of the cases.
Answer: if you really want powerful suction, try Miele c3 cat and dog. I’m sure you will be amazed to see the power.
Wrapping Up and Decision Time
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, we, Americans, spend nearly 40 minutes a day on doing household chores.
Quite surprising, isn’t it?
With a pet, even a “non-shedding” cat, you need to clean constantly. As you can see, there’s no need to spend hundreds of bucks on professional to get those annoying kitty litter. All you need is a good vacuum to Keep your stairs or house clean even with cat and the proper knowledge to use it.
As you can see, we breakdown a serious of the finest vacuum that we think are best to tackle cat litter. So out of all of these Best Vacuum for Cat Litter, which one did we recommend as the best one?
Let’s take a closer look:
- Best Overall: Bissell 9595a cleanview bagless vacuum
- Runner up, Best value: Miele c3 cat and dog
- Best Budget: Shark rocket deluxe pro
The choice is yours.
Good luck y’all!